Wednesday, February 01, 2006

The Still of the Morning


The alarm went off at 4am this morning and Dennis was ready to start his day. I, on the otherhand, dreaded feeling him leave the bed. There is just something so sweet and comforting about having three warm bodies under the covers, and now it was just Roman and myself. After Dennis closed the bedroom door behind him, Roman was ready to nurse. He's been nursing frequently throughout the night, and by morning I am pretty exhausted. Although the room was dark I could still make out his little precious features. His eyes looked black and round as he drank away. I put my hand on his little round head and felt of the velvety hair then thought about how blessed I am to have so many people I love in my life. For the time being there were no demands put upon me by anyone besides the innocent eager 9 week old beside me, and I was willing to give him everything his little heart could desire. Swiftly, Roman drifted off to sleep, and I quickly cuddled up with him. I closed my eyes before I began to think about all the phone calls, schoolwork, household chores, and anything else my mind would eagerly wander to. The still of the morning was my favorite time of the day, where you could lay in bed lazily and the only thing to do was to listen to the breathing of my baby boy. That is the best lullabye.

1 comment:

momto3blessings said...

AWE soo sweet. There isnt anything like it.