Wednesday, December 29, 2010

2010 Paths Were Challenging

We had a lovely Christmas this year. Even though Abram threw up a few times on Christmas Eve and had a smashing headache to go along with it we figured we would travel up to Great Wolf Lodge in Washington and just bed him down for the rest of the day and maybe our whole stay if necessary, however God was kind and had great mercy on Abram and he was well enough to enjoy everything from the get-go. I was thankful then, and I'm thankful when I think of it now. We had a really nice time with all the boys. (River and JilleeAnna spent it with her family this year.)

It's been a big year. I have found myself driving down the road a lot, lately, thanking God out loud for all of his mercies and goodness. I haven't had the best of health in the last year and yet God stepped in this late summer/early fall and relieved a lot of the symptoms, and I'm deeply moved and grateful. I could have dedicated a whole year's worth of blogs to this journey, but it was a more private walk, one that brought me to my knees more times than I have ever been before. So with the thought of the good things I am lighter....happier....a great burden has been lifted for now.

Funny how life carries you down such different paths then you ever think it will. Often this year I have been on dark twisted paths far away from anyone, unsure where the trail was going to lead me, with my heart pounding in my chest. Those paths will be forever memorable to me. I had to trust in God more than ever, trust that no matter where the trail ended up it was best for me. The times I thought I couldn't go any further based on fear of the unknown I would fall down and just want to sit on the path too afraid to move, always then God would push back the dark thorny branches and extend His hand and I would quickly, no desperately, grab hold and let His strength pull me to my feet. I don't want to forget what I learned. I don't want to lose what I feel now. The peace that was given to me could only come from God. He is good. He is God!

3 comments:

Lori said...

I have so missed your posts...your faith is inspiring. I sure don't like the down times in life, but those are the times I can literally feel God's presence as He holds me up.

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

I have been thinking about you- I just came upon 5 years of blogging and I remember you being one of my first commenters & firt blogs I read.

And I just got through watching Isaiah's music videos. His voice and guitar playing! You must be so proud of him.

I do hope you are well and that 2011 is your best yet. How blessed to have that wonderful family.

Love,
Steph

meNmykids said...

Beautifully written! It is hard to thank God for the hard times while you are right smack in them, but seems we get so much stronger through them. Thankful for your strength.