Friday, January 01, 2010

A Whole NEW Year!

2010....It rolled right in. It came in with dear friends by our side, and with the wonderful news that River became engaged to Jilleeanna. I could cry at this momentous occasion. It sure makes me stop and think about how blessed we are. I wanted River to get married to a good girl, and one that would put the Lord first, and God delivered. I have been praying for my boys and their companions since River was about 8. Yes, that sounds young, but honestly it feels like yesterday. In fact, maybe I should have started praying for this the day he was born....lol However, now that I have began that prayer for River it included all my sons and therefore Boaz's "companion" prayer started at birth. Oh the blessings of being the sixth son, right? :)


I have always wanted to prove to myself, and to the Lord that I would give my all to becoming as good of a mother in law as I have tried to be a mom. I have seen many loving older sisters who have shown me the way ( and some who were good examples of mistakes), and I hope to be prayerful enough to begin this journey in a positive way. ACK....I find myself actually getting choked up.....that tight feeling in the back of my throat. What an honor. Thank you God for allowing me to see this day come to fruition. *sigh* Oh.... to see many more milestones for my children and their children....God please hear my private prayers, as I know you do.


Even as I type this about my eldest son, my baby boy (20 months old) wallows on my lap and requires kisses, and of course I oblige this important need of his. Having older boys makes me see the importance and delight of raising my younger sons more clearly. It goes fast Lord....Life is but a vapor that appeareth for a little while. It sure makes me want to make sure that I don't forget my purpose here, and not to get lazy about raising these little souls.


Happy New Year....what a blessing to have good enough health to enjoy all that we love. Thank you for 2010, God!!!

6 comments:

Homeschooling6 said...

Happy New Years to you too! I pray for my dc future spouses also.
Blessings,
Linda

Sharanya said...

Oh my God, that is BEAUTIFUL NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you SO much for sharing this with us, Trina!

And I hope there are LOTS of pictures of River and Jilleeanna! Please do share them with us!

Sis Stubby said...

Happy New Year to you.Thank God for his blessings. Congrats to River & his beloved

Fifi said...

Congrats to River and Jilleeanna!!!! I need to become more diligent in praying for my kids spouses!!! Thanks for the reminder..... Happy 2010 to you all !

JoAnn said...

I am so happy that River & Jillianna are getting married. Although kind of sad that we are losing here from out here. We love her so much and have been blessed to have her as part of our life. But River is such a wonderful person and they make a lovely couple. I know that is part of growing up, to leave your old home and start a new and I'm glad they get to do this together.

Eva said...

That is wonderful news! I will keep you in my prayers as you travel this next part of the path! Blessings, Eva