Thursday, July 09, 2009

I Did NOT Just See That

There is just something about taking a bath next to a dirty toilet that just grosses me out. I bet it would gross anyone out, to be honest. I hopped into a hot steamy tub instead of a hot steamy shower because I was chilled this morning and thought that a delicious hot soak sounded blissful. Yes, I normally save that sort of luxury for the evening, but who wrote the rules on bath times, anyway? But now I realize that there is some rhyme or reason to this unwritten rule. You see, by evening all chores have been accomplished and the bathroom doesn't have left over underwear, diapers, brown socks and wet towels dripping all over the room. Mornings are just not the time to let your mind relax and wander in that sort of distracting untidy environment. Actually, I will confess that it was worse, the toilet had toddler skid marks on it. As I dipped my body in the white tub and laid my head on the back of the tub my eyes conveniently landed on the brown residue. I sat up to get a better look, only because I was hoping to discover that it was just the glare of the skylight, somehow. However, once sitting erect I realized that it was EXACTLY what I feared. I think I may have even rolled my eyes and shook my head even though no one else was in the room to read my body language or enjoy my facial disgust. So I plopped down the lid to at least try to avert my eyes to the rest of the porecelain throne, but that is when the other finger smears caught my attention. When did things go so wrong? When did things like toilet paper use fall to the wayside....ummm maybe when Roman was potty trained. All the while that I am having this dialogue in my mind I hear Mr. Roman talking through the wood door of my bathroom asking for something to eat. AGAIN?! Geesh....no wonder we are having so many toilet issues lately......food=waste. You do the math! hehehe

This is when I decided that I wasn't going to take a leisure bath after all.....nope I was going to drain the tub and take a hot sanitizing shower instead.....there was work to be done! And hands to be washed (scrubbed) on a certain toddler I know.

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

I'm so sorry you weren't able to take your bath =(. I can't wait until Roman is old enough to be embarrassed by this post LOL!

Lori said...

That is too funny!!

pandama said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sabriena said...

Haha! Cute! What a fun life you have, Sis. Trina!

Where is my Brain said...

I am rolling with laughter...of course because it was not me in that situation...I try every once in awhile to take a nice bath in the morning and have been rudely interrupted also...oh and I recognize the toilet/toddle/ew gross....happened just the other day in fact. Sis. Tammy