Friday, April 04, 2008

How Will It All Work?

I find myself posting later at night rather than earlier in the morning. Oh how my schedule has changed....lol It is almost 11pm and I am about to hit the hay, but I know that if I dont take this quiet moment to share then it won't happen at all.

Nursing is going well. It is so much harder than anyone or any book can possibly prepare you for. I breastfed with Roman, but I must admit it never felt like a success. He just wouldn't latch properly, and because of it he got a lot of air, which turned to tummy aches. I pushed through, but never felt 100% confident in my ability. With Boaz I decided to go easier on myself. I figured if it didn't work out then it didn't work out. However, the Lord was good to us and he is a true latcher. I can't say it was a wonderful latching experience.....*big grin* but I could sure tell the difference between Roman and Boaz.

So now I am thinking ahead to Monday. Den will be heading back to work full time and I will be left to care for my newborn, toddler, and the rest of the crew independently. The house needs an overhaul, our schoolwork is behind, and I am going to need to stop every two hours to nurse. I know that this is the Lord's quiet reminder to stop and enjoy the little one that will grow up way too fast though. I am thankful for the quiet moments that Boaz and I share during these mommy and baby time, nevertheless the show must go on as well.

I will be reconfiguring our schedule and all that we have to do. With River gone we will be needing to redo our chore list to round out the important ones and make sure they are even-steven. We have had to make sure that Abram pulls his weight a little more too. This has been good for him, although he has been a little surprised at his extra work load...lol.

So I will keep you all informed as to how all the new transitions go in the next week, so stay tuned......

10 comments:

Cherrie said...

Ohh I sure hope I can get the hang of breast feeding with this one. So much to do, please take it easy at first, you just had a baby. Things will fall into place, it just takes time. But I understand the need to get the household back in order. We can't wait to be out there, the time is coming quickly.

Jules said...

I was blessed to have children who just naturally knew how to nurse. They both latched on to me just minutes after they were born, and they both looked like they had done it a million times. I absolutely LOVE nursing! It is just such an awesome bond to have, and is (usually) so convenient. With Taylor I nursed her until she was 14 months (that's when I got pregnant with Blake & my milk turned back to colostrum). And Blake I nursed 10 months. If I have another one, my goal is to nurse for 2 years. I hope it keeps going good for you :) And we all understand that it is hard for you to find time to post, so don't worry about it :) (Sorry I've went on and on ;)

Lori said...

Wait - don't you get 6 to 8 weeks off? LOL!

Seriously, it will all work out!

Tish said...

I remember especially after Garrison was born it just seemed to take forever for things to get back on track and for me to feel like my body and energy were in good working order. It's nice that you have older children who can help you out.

Now I know you might not take me up on this, but if things get too overwhelming I would love to leave my kids with Matt and come help you out. I'll come scrup your toilets with a toothbrush or whatever jobs that you just can't seem to get around to doing. I promise it would be like a vacation for me! It's amazing how much I actually enjoy helping someone else rather than do all the same boring stuff at my own house. If you need help YOU LET ME KNOW!!!!!

Marisela said...

The baby is here and hybernation is almost over :) Glad things are going so well for you and nursing.

Leanne said...

Looking forward to hearing about how it all fits together for you....

I'm so glad you are remembering to slow down and savor the moments with your baby boy....you are so blessed!

Be at peace tonight!

Leanne in Longview

Sister D said...

I'm so thankful for God's sweet blessings to you. I have watched some of my Sisters tearfully trying to nurse their little ones who just had such a hard time. We were sad to hear that Roman left home :( Wished we could have known him better (Branden really wanted to make it up there and get to know your boys) but I know it's why we raise them to be men who can leave our home, and soberly go into this world and be the example of Gods light in this world. We pray such good things for him and your dear family

meNmykids said...

"latching experience" I'm grinning with you. I kind of miss that special one on one time. Hope your schedule evens out quickly and you feel on top of everything. It always takes me a few months to really get good at it again afterwards, but I'm sure you'll do better than me....I hope.

la bellina mammina said...

TRINA _ CONGRATS!!!!! Am sorry I haven't been visiting much, but I thought about you often...Boaz is such a cutie! Once again, congrats to you and your family - what a blessing!!!

Mrs.Martin said...

I think your Boaz is a good nurser! lol He is so cute Trina! I just love him. However, the transition of changing schedules with the baby is a hard one. Who has as much experience as you though? You go woman! You can do it with the strength of the Lord. Love ya.