Wednesday, February 06, 2008

She's Perfect!




Den walked in the door, after work, with the mail. I, actually, like going through it to see what has came that is fun. I know that sounds optimistic, but its such a treat when you see a little coupon, a magazine, or a little something that you weren't expecting. This day just ended up being a jackpot!


You see, on the bed was a little, yellow, paper covered, box. Immediately it caught my eye, and I couldn't get to it fast enough. I held the box and saw that it had the last name from the giver, yet continued to wonder what in the world it could be. I felt like a little girl who had just recieved a surprise in the mail on her birthday, except.......it wasn't my birthday. It wasn't any special occasion at all, so it truly was a surprise!

Rapidly, the paper fell by the wayside and I saw the box that lay underneath. It said "Willow" on it. I thought, quickly, could it be a "Willow figurine"? I, only, had one such figurine in their collection (Den bought it for me for our anniversary). Pretty soon the box and the styrofoam were strewn across my bed, and there it was; a beautiful figure of a pregnant woman. I just looked at it, carefully. I spun it around in my hands, and I ran my fingers across the carvings, all the while admiring it. Den was watching me too. He had a big smile on his face when I finally looked up remembering that I could/should be sharing this little moment with him too. I said, "I love it!" He took it from me, admired it, and he said that he loved it too.


So thank you Cherrie and Lee. You are so very thoughtful! It was exactly what I wanted and needed to add to my collection of sentimental figures that are placed in my living room, atop my armoire. My dad always said that when someone can find a special gift for someone that says, "You", then you have a very dear friend on your hands. This hits special right on the nose.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes! It is absolutely perfect! I love it.

Den at work

Cherrie said...

I am so glad you like it. Me and Lee both thought you needed it for you collection since it fits you perfect right now. We love you guys.

Tish said...

That was so thoughtful of Cherrie. What a wonderful surprise! It's so nice to get something unexpected like that. It makes me realize that I should be looking out for ways to do that for other people to make their day a little brighter.

Beth said...

Awww....how sweet. I love those willow figurines. They are so neat. I got one from a sister here a few days after we had Lily. It is the one called "Peace" and it is the lady holding a bird in her hand. It was really neat. Reminded me again of the birdhouse and also the scripture in Matthew where it talkes about how God provides for the fowls of the air and then below that has the consider the lilies scripture. Anyways love the prego figurine and it does look so good with your other ones.

Lori said...

I love those! I have the teacher one. How nice of someone to send a surprise for no reason - those are the best!

Tiffany said...

I love those! I have a set of twin girls and a box with a little boy on it. A sister in Idaho gave them to me as a moving away gift. I was her nanny for 2 years and have a special relationship with her kids, her two girls (twins) Karlie and Camille, and her baby boy Noah. They sweetly remind me of the time the Lord gave me to be with their family. I love the prego one!

Sister D said...

What sweet things the Lord puts in our brethrens hearts to cheer another! It made me want to share that Brother Lee and Sister Cherrie just sent our daughter Brittany the sweetest willow angel praying on her knees so that she would be reminded that she is never alone or without the prayers of her dear brethren. It couldnt have come on a day when she needed it more and I know it will always have a special place in her heart.

Trina said...

Sis. Dayna,
That is so very like them, and so very thoughtful of them. I am sure that Brittany will treasure that a lot later in life. It will hold a very special place in her heart for sure.

Mrs.Martin said...

I love the thoughtfulness of Lee and Cherrie! How perfect for your last little baby to have a figurine of motherhood. Love it.