Monday, June 04, 2007

Close Friends Popped In!

Chantae, Levi and Abram playing Chess and enjoying Krispy Kreme donuts on Monday morning.
My new burgundy velvety couch. I just brought it home Saturday so I don't have the living room exactly like I want it just yet. However, we put the newly used living room to the test.

Having the extra seating area was so nice!


My wall decor and a few things will be changing soon, but for now this is what it looks like.



After our lazy summer day we received another call from one of our dearest friends in Brewster. Bro. Conn, Sis. Nancy and three of their children were going to come down and spend the weekend. It was sort of last minute for them, but Den and I were thrilled. Some company can waltz in at any ole' time, and there just isn't any stress involved when it comes to preparation.

Saturday morning we got up expecting them to be arriving soon, but their 17 year old son had got into a car accident the night before, and so they had to delay the trip by a few more hours. This gave Den and I time to head out to buy another couch. We needed one for our living room. We had the red sectional in my family room, by the TV, but this wasn't great for ALL the company. We needed to have a place for the kids to do stuff, and a place for the adults to sit and visit in peace. So we found one. A pretty, velvety, burgundy one and it looks great. I will try to put a picture up with this post a little bit later today.

So while we were out couch hunting Bro. Doyle stopped by our house. The boys called us to let us know, so we came home with the couch and visited for a bit. Then we still needed to replenish our groceries. After all, this was our 3rd family this week. So Bro. Doyle stayed at our home while we went to the store, and he waited for the visiting family to arrive.

Bro. Conn, Sis. Nancy and kids arrived right when we pulled up with our groceries. We have had a great time with them. We had promised the Outback if they ever came to visit, so that was the first thing we had to do. We kept the kids all home, babysitting, with pizza and movies, so it was an adults night only. Then Sunday morning we took them to coast to see the tide pools, and they all got into that frigid water with the temperature only being 58' degrees outside (All but Nancy and I). Crazy I say! Sunday meeting doesn't start til 3pm, so after the ocean we hurried back home to put on our dresses and skedaddle out the door to church. We had a nice little meeting, although Roman was a bit of a grouch....*sigh*

Then we came home and had a BBQ. It was very nice and relaxing. Nancy and I ventured off to Starbucks for our second experience.....hehehe, and then we came home and recorded some hymns together. She loves to sing and play the piano, so this was a real treat for both of us.

Now it's Monday morning, and they will be getting up to greet the morning here, shortly, and headed for home. It was so very nice to have them here, and I hope they come back VERY soon!

7 comments:

Mrs.Martin said...

I love the reddish, velvet, couch Sis! And I am sure that extra seating and another room to visit, is essential with your guest book growing.

I know you had a great time with old friends in town. Say hello for me too.

Love ya.

D said...

Sounds like a wonderful visit! (Starbucks! :-))

I love the new couch...elegant! You have such a lovely looking home.

I want you to know I really enjoyed the recording you shared the other day. My littles all gathered 'round to get in on the pretty singing.:-)

momto3blessings said...

love the couch. It goes great in there! I need to come try it out.

Steff said...

I love that couch! It's very pretty and such a splash of color to your livingroom. :)

Lori said...

I couldn't concentrate after reading Krispy Kreme!!! YUUUMM!!

meNmykids said...

Very nice! So glad that your friends there in Brewster didn't forget about you.

Nadine said...

Cool couch. I'm glad you had such a nice visit.