Saturday, January 28, 2012

Learning To Be Quiet

Well I managed to do a great job catching the vicious little cold that my littles had. I do have skills!

This morning I was still laying in bed when Roman came in and asked me out of the clear blue sky if I slept well last night (Something I ask the boys frequently). I said, "Well it wasn't horrible, but it could have been better because I have this really bad cold right now." He stood there and pondered my words quietly for a bit, as he does regularly. As he stood there quietly beside my bed I asked Abram if he would fix me a cup of hot tea. As Abram and I began bantering back and forth this is what Roman said.

Roman: Mom?.....Mom?
Me: Yes?
Roman: Do you think you could be quiet for a little bit so I can pray for you?
Me: Yes....I think I CAN be quiet for a little bit so you can pray for me.....*insert a little chuckle*

Then Roman bowed down and prayed a long silent prayer, and while he prayed for me I prayed a silent prayer for him.

Roman: In Jesus name. Amen.

All is Well. All IS Well.....

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet little fella. It makes ya so happy when they show faith. This was a great little pick me up this morning. Thanks Trina. Love JoAnn

Trina said...

JoAnn, the Lord is really working with him in prayer lately. So thankful too! :)

Anonymous said...

That is so adorable.... I love it when they start praying.. It always melts my heart and also makes me giggle a little. Presha always prays even if its not her turn.
Cherrie

Trina said...

There is nothing sweeter, Cherrie! It's really cute when some of our other littles at church try to pray in meeting too!

Lori said...

That is about the sweetest thing I have heard in a long time!! Goosebumps!! :)

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Trina, old blogging friend checking in and so glad to see you here. Your family astounds me with their beauty!

Steph

cheri said...

Very Sweet=) Those are precious memories for sure..not only for the mother, but will be for the children as well someday to look back on=) Enjoyed reading it & hope this finds you feeling much better!

Chantel H said...

Missing you...:(