Monday, July 12, 2010

Funeral

The funeral was beautiful. The funeral home was completely packed, which is always a comfort. The weather couldn't have been more welcoming then it was; sunny but only warm.

After the grave site service we began to wander the old cemetery that sits atop a little knoll with freshly plowed hay fields all around. There are so many loved ones buried on that chunk of land that it is full of sweet memories of good people that have gone on. One was Den's mom. The family gathered by her grave and visited on old times for awhile. Den was enjoying all the conversation, but as soon as we moved on he choked up a little. He plays the tough guy so fearlessly that it's easy to forget how tender hearted he is about his mom, and the loss of her.

Boaz was sick (of course), and therefore Mary took me and Bo home. I feel so blessed to have such good friends in my life. I am surrounded with people who really love me. I can't believe how fortunate I am sometimes. Den headed off to the dinner that was being held at the park for all who attended the funeral. The sisters from the closest assembly pitched in, and again I so appreciate all their effort.

As I sat back here in my little house with Bo I felt content....sad about the loss, but rejoicing that Aunt Esther had many years surrounded by people who really loved her; just like I do. Life has trials and pain, but through God and amazing friends and family you can get through it and hopefully count your blessings on the other side.

3 comments:

meNmykids said...

I hated to miss the funeral! Sis. Esther has always had a special spot in my heart and been there many times for me.

Trina said...

Gale: I know that there has been a few funerals we have had to miss in the last few years too. The good thing is that Aunt Esther knew who really loved her! :)

Jerelene said...

Hello Trina!
It's so very nice to see you posting:)
Sorry to hear of your family's loss.
Blessings...Jerelene