Friday, January 23, 2009

Keys Are A Funny Thing

What in the world happens to them? Well, Den's inparticular. That man has the worst luck with keys. However, I tend to feel like what goes around comes around in this scenario. Okay, just to win you to my side I will share the small key drama that has unfolded in our sweet marriage.

You see, I have a hard time getting rid of keys. I will have keys on my keychain for an inappropriate amount of time (I admit). In fact, after awhile I don't even know what one (or more) of the keys will go to. Do I take it off and disperse of the useless metal? Nope. I'm afraid that there may be that certain shed, or particular back door that I will need a key to, or maybe it's that it leaves me with a sense of hope that if I have lots of keys on my keychain that I will have the perfect key in that unplanned jam that will magically unlock my troublesome door; the more keys the more possibilities, right? Anyway, Den hates my glob of keys. Now after we have got a different car and/or a different house I may just drop the whole wad of keys and start a new set, only to find the mass of keys in a box somewhere later, and discover that I never missed them at all. Don't ask me how that happens but it does. Needless to say, that is our current key situation with me. I have a glob that has a couple of useful keys, and I'm not sure what the other ones go to, so I am ready to ditch them, but I am afraid/hopeful that I may need one.

So this brings me back to Den. Now Den is a key floater (my own terminology). Meaning he will use one key on this tiny key chain for this vehicle, a new small ring with a key for work, and ohhhh here is one for something or other over here. He likes the minimalistic thing, I guess. HOWEVER, he loses them all the time, because they are loose and tiny. Now he will say that someone else loses them when they don't magically find their way back to the key holder on the wall, but I have my doubts. So this makes him have to grab my grotesque glob of keys to open and start all the things that make our life go smoothly. He hates them and ridicules me about the pile of keys that he has to put in to his pant pocket and endure while sitting in church, or at dinner, or other said places. Of course, my sympathy level is less than miniscule since, after all, they are MY keys, and if he knew where his loose keys were at all times he would never have to lift weights with MINE. Does anyone else see the irony in this? Have I made my point? I thought so.........

8 comments:

Sis Stubby said...

oh yes Jim don't like my keys either.So I put my car key on one key ring and all the others on a differant key ring.Isn't it funny how they need our keys after all. You made your point LOL

Sabriena said...

I would love to make a longer comment, but we have company right now! Ashley and BoDean! Anyway, I would say your point is made. We solve the car keys dilemma by just leaving the key in the van! But most thieves probably don't target a 15 passenger van as somebody carrying a lot of money/valuable items!

Marisela said...

THats funny. Your right...and thats all that matters. LOL

Where is my Brain said...

very funny, i have a little of that problem too. unfortunatly it is I who always loses my keys....at least lately.

Lori said...

Point made!
Thanks for the giggle!

Sis. Connie M. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mom of 3, Aunt of 16 said...

I'm definately like my dear cousin and my hubby is the one with the big glob of keys. Somehow though he knows where each one goes.

Tish said...

Trina this arguement is too funny! Matt and I don't have this particular arguement, but we have simular ones! I, however will choose not to take sides on this one. I did enjoy the post.

Hey! Maybe I should pick one of my ongoing arguements with my husband and blog about it... Hmmm, I'll have to pick which one of the many :D