Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Awwww....Peace and Quiet

It has been a good day. It has been quiet in my mind and in my heart. We have had some prayer requests from a couple of our brethren today and so we are keeping tabs on them, but it is sweet to know that we are apart of each others lives.

I am a pretty upbeat, optimistic person. I truly am. I can normally find the silver lining in a rainy cloud, but lately I feel like I AM the rain cloud. I'm not crazy about this self portrait, and I'm desperate to get back to my former self.

I have been struggling to figure out how to bring about a quiet mind and content heart for sometime now. I know that I am warring with myself, for myself. I recognize it so that is the first step. I prayed and prayed that the Lord would give me peace and a happy heart today, and He has delivered. It's funny how many conversations that I find myself having with my older boys reminding them to stay encouraged while they go through their lives, and then I find myself battling the same thing I preached to them about once our conversation is complete. I know that there are always ears and we are constantly tested with the things we are convicted in. Again, I see the spiritual warfare, but boy oh boy has it been exhausting at times. Trying to not be a hypocrite and remembering my own advice has me on my toes, and a little bit on my face.

So now its the end of the day....well sort of.....and I am so incredibly thankful for my peace. I had funny conversations with Roman, the boys accomplished their chores in a timely manner, I spent some one on one with Isaiah while he got his haircut, and the baby went down for his second nap without a hiccup. I am waiting for my little Abram to come bounding through the door to tell me about his little day, and it all seems quite mellow. It may only last another hour, or maybe it will last into the evening, nevertheless I can see the difference in my demeanor today. Prayer does help......not just a little prayer, but a lot of prayers. Thank you for your prayers.

7 comments:

Marisela said...

I am so thankful for this post. I have been really praying for you guys. Peace is nice, even if it is just for a day or so. The Lord knows when we need a little ray of sunshine. I feel blessed today too.

Skylene said...

I'm glad you are having a peaceful day. That's something I always aim for too. Good to see you in the blogging community again.

meNmykids said...

I so understand the confusion of new feelings. I think I'm an upbeat, optimistic person too and have battled terrible discouraging emotional moments for some time also. It is such a relief when we can give it to God and watch Him calm us down. Hope that today is just as peaceful and lovely of a day as yesterday. One day at a time.

Lori said...

Sometimes following our own advice is the hardest! :-) Enjoy the peace...while it lasts! Hugs!

Sabriena said...

I hope your peace continues to last. Sometimes I find it really hard to battle that feeling. And I have nothing, compared to the trials I see others go through. I'm so glad you were able to find peace. Hopefully we'll get to go to Church down there tomorrow night and see you there. But I'll just pray, and leave it in God's capable hands.

Chantel H said...

Hope your still feeling better.

Tish said...

I'm just now catching up on people's blogs again. I enjoyed reading this post. I think of myself as an optomistic person too, but it seems like it's been a long time since I've been as optimistic as I know I should be. Most of the time each day just goes by like all the rest. I need to take the time to talk with the Lord and have the peace and contentment that I should.