Monday, October 08, 2007

Pumpkin Patch Time

It was time to get out there and get our pumpkins. There is a great little (well not so little) farm that puts on quite a fall display for all us city folks. We used to take the three older boys when they were little, but it has been years since then. It was great to make it a family tradition, again.

We, first, let the younger boys get their face painted. Abram chose the cross bones like a pirate flag, he said.


Christian came to spend the night so we were able to take him to the patch too. Of course, he wanted his face painted as well. He chose a bat!


After the face painting they have a barge like boat that picked us up with our empty wheel barrel, and took us to the huge pumpkin patch. There were a few fun objects that pop up out of the water for the kids. Roman wasn't phased by them in the slightest! hehehe


Here is a picture of the gigantic field of pumpkins. All of these photos were taken with my camera phone, so they are little dark and pathetic, but you get the idea!




Roman and Levi sat on their pumpkins while everyone else was still on a mad hunt for the perfect gourd. Roman was happy happy because daddy bought him some kettle korn. In fact, you can see that some of the kettle korn is still stuck to his cheek. Mmmm mmmmm good!
After we had gathered up our pumpkins there was a little train that picked us up and took us back to the barn. It was great fun!


After we got home I went to work decorating the doorway. We had bought some mini bales of hay to set the pumpkins on. The great thing is that I can keep the hay for years to come. We had already bought our scareCROW and a couple of signs. I just love this time of year!

Here is the other sign. Den was worried that the "Crow Away" part may have come off unfriendly....lol However, I told him that if someone feels like we are saying "Go Away", then they are tooooo sensitive. *giggling*


18 comments:

meNmykids said...

Sounds like you all had a blast and your front porch looks great. I love the crisp cool air, and the leaves on the ground.... I think I'll crow a little.

Nadine said...

Looks like you had a great time. I love the pictures.

Hey don't forget to stop by and get your Fabulous award.

Marisela said...

Hey you found it! That is such a great pumpkin patch. Looks like fun. Your porch look very cute! I should do a little decorating too.

Tiffany said...

Looks like you all had a blast! I thought that Roman had a face painting, until you said it was popcorn lol.

Mrs. Guthrie said...

LOVE the little sign! The kiddos look like they had a blast!!

Michelle Swank said...

I love this time of year also. The holidays are so fun and the decorating makes for different scenery. I love going to the pumpkin patch and taking pictures. I hope to in the next couple weekends. Loved your pics and decorating.

Love & Prayers
MS

michelle said...

I love the pumpkin patch.I am going to the big one here next week with Dale.It has alot of fun stuff for kids there too! michelle g.

marykathryn said...

So cute!! I want to go!! Fall is a fun time of year..Den cracks me up..Actually Rusty and I WERE a little offended by the "Crow Away" sign, but we decided to be big about it and turn the other cheek..LOL

Cherrie said...

Your porch looks so cute. The pumpkin patch looks like fun. I think Lee would make me go to the Rolofs farm for pumpkins if we were there... hehehe

Jules said...

I love taking the kids to the pumpkin patch! They always love it. It looked like you guys had a lot of fun! And I'm like Roman, I LOVE kettle corn. That's all we buy ;) Your fall decorations were also very cute. I like the "Crow away" hehe.

Tish said...

Christian really enjoyed his time with you guys. I have plans to decorate my porch too, but haven't gotten around to it yet! Your decorating looks great!

Lori said...

LOVE the pumpkin patch...the pics make me think fall...I wish it would start feeling like fall around here!! Your porch looks great!

Mrs.Martin said...

Dennis being worried about the,"Crow Away," cracked me up. He is so sweet. lol {seriously he is}
We talk and talk some days, yet never tell each other what we did for fun, over a weekend. Sooo... this blog is still informative, even after long conversations, on the old fashioned telephone. It looks like you all had fun and I love the boat adventure.

JavaMama said...

What a great pumpkin patch! You reminded me that we need to get to ours soon before all the good pumpkins are gone!!

Your decorations are cute btw.

JOYfully in Him,
Kelli

Sawatzky family said...

Love the pics of the pumpkin patch! Fall is by far my favorite time of year. And here in upper Wisconsin the foilage is breathtaking. A wonderful reminder of God's beauty. This is my first comment to your blog though I have been reading for a while. It's like high school.....working up the nerve to make new friends. (totally silly I know ;) I enjoy your blog it is always nice come across fellow christian moms. Our family site is http://sawatzkysurvivors.blogspot.com/
Have a blessed day
Michelle S.

Madeleine said...

YAY!! I love pumpkin pickin'

It looks like you all had a grand time! Its times like these that make the best memories for both you and the kids.

Is it cold out there yet?

Barbara Reed said...

Your decorations are adorable. The kids too!!

ConservaChick said...

Yeah! Another Christian homeschooling mom who decorates for the season! Sometimes I get a bit of flack for the jack o lanterns, or my super cute VERY friendly looking haunted house. I try to convince people that my children wont become satanists if they carve a pumpkin, but hey everyone has their opinion. Still, you've made me feel a bit better about my scarecrow lawn decor!Thanks. ~Karlie