Tuesday, September 25, 2007

FYI: Red Jello Stains!

All in all the weekend was a success. We enjoyed my mom. The funeral we attended had an amazing turn out. The potluck was brimming with food and good people. The kids were busy, but well behaved. All in all it was great!



That was until Saturday night when Mr. Roman began to drip from his tiny little nose. He is a pretty healthy and stout baby so I knew we were in for a bit of trouble. Strangely, both times we have gone to my Mom's house he has ended up really sick. He fought a fever and a barky cough through the night, and I knew I couldn't take him to church. I got up, with my empty stomach and began my routine of dry heaving. It was a glorious Sunday morning as we barked and dry heaved in unison......lol.


Den really wanted me to attend meeting with him this time, since last time I had to stay home to tend to Roman. So Levi quickly volunteered to watch him during meeting. I jumped at the chance and got around. It was nice to go to church with just Den and I. The two older boys went too, but they sat with the teens, and don't need Mama to entertain them.



After church I knew we needed to head out of there to get back to Roman. We decided to just get on the road since evening time always makes sickness worse. We said our farewells, and off we went. We stopped and got a quick bite to eat, to which I bought him red jello to chow on. He lapped it up quick enough, and I was pleased that something so light on his tummy had done the job.


As we drove down the road we would hear him cough a bit, and at times it almost sounded like he was going to puke, however when I would glance back at him he looked happy as a lark. Oh my imagination was playing tricks on me, I thought. But then the spewing sound that commenced was NOT to be denied! I hurdled the console between the front seats and desperately began to look for anything he could throw up in. We found an old McDonald's cup. I placed it under the red fountain of liquid that was coming out of his mouth at a fast pace. Before I knew it, the cup was totally full. I quickly placed the red cherry smelling liquid in a cup holder, and began to look around for another container. DRAT....the car was clean, no empty cartons!!!! So I let him continue to geyser up the rest on himself, me and the carseat. It was a red fiesta! Poor baby!!!

This picture of a magical unicorn throwing up a beautiful rainbow is wrong in every sense of the word. Wrong I say!


Soon enough we had pulled over, alongside the freeway. Luckily, I had plenty of clean clothes in the back. So we stripped the little one down, redressed him, cleaned the seat up with wet wipes to the best of my ability, and were back on the road. The carseat was too wet and nasty to place him back in, so Den decided to cuddle with him in the back, while I drove down the road.



I shook my head in disbelief as I began to think about how almost EVERY trip we have taken in the last couple of years has had some vomiting involved. If it wasn't one of the younger boys then it was me, with this morning sickness. It made me smirk, as I thought about another little one adding to the puking fest very soon.

Road trip, anyone????!!

14 comments:

meNmykids said...

It just wouldn't be right to break tradition eh? I totally sympathize with you. My desire to travel has greatly minimized with the onset of more and more children to puke, bawl, and basically misbehave in front of everyone. They are such a blessing and I wouldn't trade it for the world, but traveling just doesn't hold the same charm it once did! Glad that you got to enjoy your mom though.

Marisela said...

That unicorn picture just cracks me up! I'm sorry about Roman getting sick. Hope he is feeling better.

marykathryn said...

Road trips with little ones even when they aren't sick still has its downside, but when they are puking in the backseat, it most definitly takes the joy factor out..hehe So sorry that all your adventures turn out this way....
Hope he is feeling better and you guys get over this yucky bug quickly!!!
~Hugs~

Lori said...

Ewwww! I'll pass on family roads with your bunch! ha!

Anonymous said...

ROFL the picture is soooooo wrong!!

Den at work

Cherrie said...

I am so sorry I so hope he starts feeling better. And yes that picture has issues. Thanks for praying I sure need them.

Nadine said...

I hope he feels better soon. That picture...too funny.

Michelle said...

Poor thing!Poor mama too! I couln't help but think of one of your past posts where you mentioned someone getting sick in the car!
Hope you have a blessed day!
Hugs
michelle

Jen said...

It's a good thing that you caught it before it made too much of a mess. I always have to clean carseats, because half the time I'm not fast enough. God has made mothers truly amazing:)

Tish said...

That's horrible! Could he possible be allergic to something in your mom's house? Puking kids in a car is not fun! That picture is very wrong, I agree! I guess you can be glad that the sight of his puking didn't bring on more from you! Maybe the next trip will be better.

Mrs.Martin said...

Oh Trina, I am so sorry. And it has to be while seeing mom too. My baby has never thrown up, except for the spit ups of infancy. I am counting my blessings right now. You know my others made up for Wyatt. lol

Anonymous said...

Okay Trina... You found the camera,
We want pictures of this blessed Mommy moment!
Welcome back!

Nicki said...

Oh dear! I had a similar experience with purple Pedialyte last year. LOL! Although, the explosion happened in my living room. Hee!

We always get sick around travel times too.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! just as i got to the magical projectile vomiting unicorn, our cat puked right beside me on the floor! LOL, I know you have appreciated that.