Thursday, July 12, 2007

Not Sure I Could Do It



Today I felt a little weary with my lot. In fact, when Den came home I had asked him if he would pray with me about these things. He knelt with me as we talked to the Lord about it all. We read a little scripture and then realized we had dinner to eat, baby to dress, diaper bag to gather, and we needed to head out the door in under an hour for church.


When we went to church the same little crew showed up. There are a couple of people who struggle from time to time, and before church we all discussed who had checked on them this week, and only one brother had been diligent. I need to be better about this, myself. It's easy to let life consume me with my own troubles, and forget about others who may be in greater need.


When church began I could feel that it was going to be a good meeting. I don't know why, but I just knew. Most likely it was because I had my heart and mind tuned in to the right things before church, this time. Not long in to meeting Bro. Elvin came and prayed for me and Den. The things he prayed for were the exact things I had just poured my heart out to Den and the Lord about, before dinner. I was moved to tears. How anyone can doubt there is a spirit and a God, I don't know. I felt humbled that measly little me could get The Almighty's attention. I know not why, but boy am I thankful beyond words. Just when I think I can't do it, He helps me go on.

19 comments:

Marisela said...

That is such a beautiful testimony. I a so amazed from time to time at the love and care God shows to me....it is so great to know that God knows about each care and concern we have.

meNmykids said...

It is so wonderful to be a part of something so real. It is a very personal fight from day to day, and He is not a stranger. So glad that you got what you needed.

Lori said...

That post brought tears to my eyes! Prayer is such a powerful thing!!!

momto3blessings said...

God is amazing. It is so wonderful to know he is aware of even the smallest things. Love you!

Anonymous said...

I am so thankful you recieved comfort in church. God is so good to us. He knows what we need. Have a good day.

Sylvia

marykathryn said...

Sometimes when we feel so small in this world the Lord touchs us and reminds us who we are and why we fight this fight..So glad to hear you got some confort....
~Hugs~

Mrs.Martin said...

I am so thankful to read your post Trina. The Lord is so good to us.

meNmykids said...

I just got another email back, and it was a reply to yours about the virus. I have not got one with your address other than that. Something weird is going on. My email is littlegale@cascadecarrier.com. You will be getting a postcard (or two) sometime next week, we are starting our lapbooks on Monday. I will post some pictures when we are done. I sure hope we can get the email figured out! Have a great day.

Cherrie said...

You give me such comfort when I read your post. God is so good and I am so glad he touched you. Remember us in your prayers from time to time. We need them. By the way I have so enjoyed our talks lately, thank you for being a friend.

la bellina mammina said...

Trina
I wish I'm strong like you when tough times hit me.

Nadine said...

Isn't our God grand. I love when He does that - send someone to encourage us and show us that HE is listening and that our prayers don't fall on dull ears. God is good and I'm so glad He encouraged you today.

Anonymous said...

We serve an AWESOME God... thanks for the reminder that He is listening...

JOYfully in Him,
Kelli

BlondeBlogger said...

So weird, Trina! I had a similar experience tonight (with God reminding me He's with me). It was the most amazing feeling. I'm so glad you got that extra boost from the Lord!

(((((HUGS)))))

Sabriena said...

Well, everybody else has already said how happy they are for you, but I want to add my 2 cents, too. I'm glad you got what you needed. It seemed like the ministry yesterday was meant just for me. I'm glad for you, and hope that I'll get to experience lots of times like that in my life.

Angel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angel said...

Sorry, that was my post above, it wouldn't let me edit it! >-(

It is at those times when we feel the least blessed, that we discover we are indeed blessed in more ways than we ever imagined. Too often, we take the world's views of what being blessed means; our homes, healthy children, wonderful families. Got Jesus said, "Blessed are those who are spiritually needy. The kingdom of heaven belongs to them. Blessed are those who are sad. They will be comforted." Those who are there for us when we truly need it are indeed a blessing. I'm glad you found yours. (((hugs)))

Steff said...

I think everyone goes through periods where we get just a little bit disatisfied with our lot. It's wonderful that you have so many people that care about your family to comfort you and lift you and your family up at those times! And yeah...God really is that good. :)

meNmykids said...

YOU CAN DO IT! You are not wonder woman, but pretty close, with God on your side, that's enough.

Chantel H said...

That is beautiful. I am so glad God blessed you and granted you that prayer. He is amazing. I feel so blessed with the things God does daily in my life as well.