Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Keeping Track of Company

I was talking to my sister (Mrs. Martin) and she had came up with the genius idea of keeping a list of the company we have had, and our traveling that we have been experiencing. We have only lived here, well let's see....we are starting on our 7th week, and we have been blessed with lots of activity (not that we don't stay plenty busy on our own, but this is the extra activities tied to hospitality). Sometimes I feel overwhelmed by it, but I always feel better for it. So I am going to keep a little list of company that comes in, or if we have traveled to visit with anyone. I think for now I will just put it under a label of "Guest Book". Not all of you will find it very interesting, but it's good for me to remember. Also, for some of you who read my blog and know the people I will mention, you can keep track too.

So today will be that....a quick trip down my faded-post pregnancy brain-memory lane. So if I have forgot someone or something just know I am not forgetting you intentionally, it's just my weak minded mommy brain....lol.

Okay digging out my calendar, so give me a sec......
Alrighty, here we go......
Moved in March 30, 2007 (Friday-Sunday)
Exhausting....need I say more?

April 2, 2007 (Monday)
Den's first day on the job.

April 6, 2007 (Friday-Saturday) Dale, Chantel and Andy came to spend the night. That Saturday we traveled down to Brownsville to see all the brethren for a birthday shindig. Bro. Doyle rode along with us on that little trip.

UH-OH.....memory on the fritz....I KNEW this would happen....*sigh* Ohhhh okay it's starting to come back to me now...

April 19, 2007 (Thursday)
Ordinance Supper and Bro. Travis and Sis. Wynonna came up to support that. Cheryl came over to watch me make unleavened bread and visit.

April 20-22, 2007(Friday-Sunday)
Den took Isaiah up to Bro. Dale and Sis. Chantel's to spend the weekend fishing with Andy at the coast. Roman was sick so I had to stay home.

April 26, 2007 (Thursday)
Bro. Lloyd and Bro. Bill came up to visit before church and than went to meeting with us.

April 27-29, 2007 (Fri-Sun.)
Met Sis. Mary for our girlie weekend in Seattle

May 3, 2007 (Thursday)
Bro. Bill came up to visit before meeting and the older boys road with him to church.

May 6, 2007 (Sunday)
We traveled down to church in Brownsville, and spent the day enjoying a potluck with them.

May 10-12, 2007 (Thursday-Saturday)
Bro. Matt and Sis. Tisha and their 4 kids stayed with us to check out the area before moving here. Bro. Bill came up before church and had dinner with all of us, too.

May 15, 2007 (Tuesday)
Sis. Chantel and Andy drove down to spend the day with us.

8 comments:

Mrs.Martin said...

I wish I had kept a guest book of sorts, during our busiest company years to date, in Snohomish. I know it seemed I had a lot of company, but I wish I had dates and names. It will be fun and full of memories for sure.

Trina said...

Sis: I hope I can keep up with it. Maybe with posting the company and gatherings on my blog I will be better. Remember when Mom kept that calendar one year of all her company? It was pretty neat and crazy!

meNmykids said...

Wonderful idea! Sure seems to keep you all busy. Looks like you are seeing almost as much of Bill as we are. As Cheri says, Hillsboro is still in his blood, and Ron's, and Dales, and.... Okay, I think it's still in all of ours. I so hope the assembly there can make a rebound. So many, many, beautiful memories.

Lori said...

Great idea - I am a scrapbooker and I have to refer back to my blog all the time to see what order to put my pics in b/c I forget when I did what! ha!

Anonymous said...

I think this is a great idea. It will help you remember how your assembly has grown. Sometimes we forget the steps we take and the blessings God gives us. I wish I could see the brethren you mention. It makes me lonesome for everyone.
Sylvia

Cherrie said...

I am so glad that you are having so much company. Sounds as though God is working hard there. You are staying so busy.

la bellina mammina said...

WOW! You HAVE been busy!!

Nadine said...

What a neat idea. You have been very busy. I think I'll start to do this.