Monday, May 21, 2007

I Can FEEL It

There is a quiet here. At times it feels really good, and yet it feels lonely, but it's constant on both of those fronts. I find that Den heads out to work, and there is a steadiness to his labor that makes me feel secure, and one that I missed while we were self employed. However, there isn't the flexibility that the other alotted for us. He and I could meet for lunch at a moment's notice, or I could jump in his little white truck and ride alongside of him for awhile. Time has a way of consistenly changing things, making us adjust, causing us to grow. I am growing again.

I'm not sure what my place is just yet in this new home. I feel like I am on the edge of big changes. Some good changes, some scary changes I'm sure. Am I ready? I want to be ready.

The Lord is speaking to me softly and gently. Easing my mind down small passages of awareness. Little dreams or moments to show me my future, and yet there is nothing I can do but pray and wait. I am waiting for the events and hoping, but confident, that God knows who He is working with. I, like many woman, can be fickle and twist in the wind. I pray for consistency and happiness. As things are turning before me I am staying still, in the place that I've been planted, watching as all the preparations are secretly unfolding. Wondering what God is doing behind the scenes that I am not fully aware of. I do know this; that He is working, always working, as I sit quietly, humbly, curiously sipping my hot cup of tea.

10 comments:

Nadine said...

I've been busy, and you've been blogging.

1st - Levi - that kid is too funny. What a picture of him in his dad's dress shoes (not even his sneakers). Thanks for the laugh.

2nd - The gas company - oh my. I'm glad it all turned out.

I enjoyed reading this post. I've been feeling the same way, that something is going to happen - some big change in my life and it's right at the edge. I just don't know what it is yet. I'll be praying for you.

meNmykids said...

Changes, I feel the same thing. I sure hope that I'm up to anything that God sends my way. I want to sit quietly, humbly, curiously watching it all unfold too. Good stuff.

la bellina mammina said...

I am feeling the same way too - 1st because I'm sitting on the fence, deciding whether to quit my job or not.
2nd I'm about to have a big discussion with my MIL re some legal matters soon, so I've been praying to be shown some direction. I'll be praying for you too Trina.

BlondeBlogger said...

Your faith is such an inspiration, Trina. This was a beautiful post!

Lori said...

I will second that comment - your faith is very inspiring! You have a way with words that brings a peace over the reader.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes it does take time when you move to a new place. I know I still feel like I am trying to figure out where my place is here not just at home but with the brethren.

Hey! What are you plans this weekend? We are driving over to OR to see Dave and Dayna. You should come down to visit. We are having a BBQ and Volleyball after church on Sunday. If you need a place to stay, we are staying at a Sisters home that is out of town. We could squeeze everyone in! It would be GREAT!

Trina said...

Kim: Hmmmm that would be nice. There is the big BREWSTER campout this weekend though. I know that our two oldest boys are going for sure, Den hasn't decided on our plans just yet. However, I will let you know if we decide to head down that way. Thank you for the invite! =-)

Anonymous said...

Trina, I totally forgot about the Brewster thing! We have been there! That is where I met you. I cant believe I forgot. So many choices!

marykathryn said...

Hey you!! I love to read all your posts..they are always so beautifully written...You never fail to give the Lord praise, even when when the outcome is unsure...Love that and love you!!

Mrs.Martin said...

I completely understand your post, since again we are going through much of the same thing in life. Be still and wait on the Lord is hard to do, but so worth the blessings. Love you.